UVA Darden Full-Time MBA Class of 2022 Achieves Record-Breaking Career Success
By Mary Shea Watson
The Full-Time MBA Class of 2022 has broken records in a variety of employment metrics, according to preliminary data by the University of Virginia Darden School of Business Career Center.
The largest class in Darden history garnered the highest salaries in School history, the highest percent of students employed at graduation and more historic highs.
The Complete Darden Employment Report 2022–23
Record-breaking achievements from Darden’s Full-Time MBA Class of 2022 include:
- Highest mean ($157,090) and median ($175,000) base salaries
- 90% employed at graduation (accepted offers)
- 98% reported job offers by three months after graduation
- 96% employed at three months after graduation (accepted offers)
Additional notable accomplishments from the most recent graduates include:
- 21% year-over-year median base salary increase from the Class of 2021
- 93% of students reported job offers at graduation – just 0.54% shy of the record 94% of the Class of 2019 who reported job offers at graduation
- Top industries (by %): Consulting, finance, technology, consumer product goods, healthcare
- Top hiring companies (alpha order): Amazon, Bain, Bank of America, BCG, Credit Suisse, Dell, Deloitte, EY-Parthenon, JPMorgan Chase, McKinsey, Microsoft, Strategy&, Wells Fargo
“I’m thrilled to see the incredible new chapters that are beginning for graduates of Darden’s Full-Time MBA Class of 2022,” said Jeff McNish, Assistant Dean of the Career Center. “These record achievements reflect the capabilities and hard work of each and every member of the Class of 2022. They are also a testament to the dedication, talent, and expertise of every member of the Darden Career Center team.”
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business prepares responsible global leaders through unparalleled transformational learning experiences. Darden’s graduate degree programs (MBA, MSBA and Ph.D.) and Executive Education & Lifelong Learning programs offered by the Darden School Foundation set the stage for a lifetime of career advancement and impact. Darden’s top-ranked faculty, renowned for teaching excellence, inspires and shapes modern business leadership worldwide through research, thought leadership and business publishing. Darden has Grounds in Charlottesville, Virginia, and the Washington, D.C., area and a global community that includes 18,000 alumni in 90 countries. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Associate Director, Editorial & Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia