UVA Darden, CEIBS to Co-host Investment Forum in Shanghai
By Dave Hendrick
Held 8 April in Shanghai, the forum, which is sponsored by Darden’s Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management and the CEIBS Shoushan Centre for Wealth Management, brings together global business leaders and industry experts for a close-up look at the global investing and asset management landscape.
The summit occurs against an eventful backdrop, as years of unconventional monetary policy and a new presidential administration in the United States have left investors confronting an investment landscape with little historical precedence. Industry leaders will grapple with recent events and make sense of the uncertainty, helping to uncover future investing opportunities.
“Investors and business leaders are making capital decisions in a tumultuous investing era, as a recent run-up in global markets comes amid increasing geopolitical uncertainty,” said Professor Pedro Matos, academic director of the Mayo Center for Asset Management. “We’re excited to partner with CEIBS and a leading group of experts to help investors navigate this new terrain.”
To learn more about the event, visit the forum page on the Darden website.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Francisco Aristeguieta, CEO, Asia Pacific, Citigroup Asia
- Dick Mayo (MBA ‘68), chairman, Game Creek Capital
- Oliver Rui, CEIBS professor of finance and accounting, director of CEIBS Shoushan Center for Wealth Management
- Han Xianwang, chief economist, China Universal Asset Management
- Dennis Yang, Dale S. Coenen Free Enterprise Professor of Business Administration, Darden School of Business
- Wang Zhongmin, vice chairman, National Social Security Fund Council
Specific sessions will include:
- Investment in Chinese A Shares
- Investment in the Hong Kong Stock Market and Overseas Investment
- When the East Meets the West: How to Allocate the Assets Globally?
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investment
Darden’s participation in the Private Wealth Investment Forum continues the School’s long-standing commitment to China, and represents the fourth year the School has co-sponsored an investing summit in Shanghai.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D., MSBA and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Director of Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia