UVA Darden School to Host Third Annual Shanghai Investing Summit
By Dave Hendrick
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business’ Center for Global Initiatives and Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management, along with the Pudong Institute of Finance, will host the third annual Shanghai Investing Summit 13 May in Shanghai.
The summit will bring together thought leaders, investors and executives in China’s largest city to offer insights on how to identify and develop new opportunities in China and build high-performing investment organizations. Attendees will have the opportunity to take away actionable intelligence from real-world practitioners.
The event is open to the public and will take place 13 May at the Pudong Institute of Finance in Shanghai.
Register online to attend the Darden Shanghai Investing Summit.
“As business leaders and investors in China and across the globe think about strategic capital allocation and investing decisions, the Chinese economy remains a focal point. After a volatile year in Chinese markets, we will connect executives, investors, advisors and academics in an effort to understand the investing landscape in China and around the world,” said Darden Dean Scott Beardsley. “I’m excited about the third Shanghai Investing Summit and look forward to an in-depth discussion about how leaders are identifying and capitalizing on opportunities.”
The summit is a collaboration between two of Darden’s research Centers of Excellence and the Pudong Institute of Finance. The Center for Global Initiatives strengthens and expands Darden’s global community through educational opportunities and partnerships, while the Mayo Center for Asset Management generates thought leadership and provides professional development opportunities in the field of asset management.
The summit will showcase speakers from the Shanghai region and around the world. Speakers will include:
- Scott Beardsley, Dean and Charles C. Abbott Professor of Business Administration, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Kenneth Eades, Professor of Business Administration and Academic Director of the Mayo Center, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Liu Haiying, Chief Economist and Co-founder, Guofu Investment Management Co.
- Yin Lei, Chief Executive and Partner, Chongyang International Asset Management Co.
- James Liu, Partner, Jincheng Tongda & Neal
- Richard Mayo (MBA ’68), Chairman, Mayo Capital Partners
- Robert Theleen, Chairman, ChinaVest Ltd.
- Anthony Tse, CEO, Galaxy Resources
- Scott Douglas Williams, Chairman, InvestUSA Committee in China and Vice President, The American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai
- Dennis Yang, Dale S. Coenen Free Enterprise Professor of Business Administration, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
In 2015, the University of Virginia opened an office in Shanghai to strengthen its academic programs, research, internships, alumni engagement and recruitment of students.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D., MSBA and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Director of Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia