UVA Darden to Host Virtual Reunion Open to All Alumni
By Dave Hendrick
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business will host Darden Reunion 2021 in an entirely virtual format, bringing key elements of the reunion experience, including time with classmates, access to faculty and updates on the School, to as many participants as possible.
Beginning 19 April with a session on navigating a career during COVID-19 and concluding with the State of the School Address and presentation of the Charles C. Abbott Award with Dean Scott Beardsley on 24 April, the week of programming features some of the latest research from Darden professors, an update on the Darden Grounds Master Plan and a behind-the-scenes look at UVA undergraduate admissions, among other sessions.
Specific sessions include:
- “Navigating Your Career During and After the COVID-19 Pandemic,” with Professor Yael Grushka-Cockayne
- “Serving on Corporate Boards Today”
- “America’s Overburdened Corrections System,” with Professor Greg Fairchild (MBA ’92)
- Darden Grounds Master Plan Guided Tour
- “The Alignment Quest: Aligning Strengths, Values and Differences to Maximize Our Collective Potential,” with Professor Laura Morgan Roberts
- Batten Institute Venture Showcase with Professor Damon DeVito (MBA ’94)
- “Leading With Competent Courage,” with Professor Jim Detert
- “The Encore Case: Finding Purposeful Work Later in Your Career,” with Marty Speight (MBA ’96)
- “Myths and Facts of Financial Crises,” with Dean Emeritus Bob Bruner
- “Business and Markets: The Coronavirus Ticker,” with Professor Yiorgos Allayannis
- Dean’s State of the School Address and Abbott Award Presentation
All programming is free of charge.
The School will also celebrate the incredible generosity of reunion-year alumni, whose gifts are critical to elevating purpose-driven students, top-ranked faculty and Darden Grounds. Reunion-year alumni can make a gift in advance of the reunion programming to support class giving efforts and be added to their class contributors list.
While events and programming are open to all alumni, classes ending in 0s, 1s, 5s and 6s and the Class of 2019 will each have dedicated class Zoom events.
Need more inspiration? See Dean Emeritus Bob Bruner’s recent article, “Why Attend a Reunion?”
Learn more and register for Darden Reunion 2021.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business prepares responsible global leaders through unparalleled transformational learning experiences. Darden’s graduate degree programs (MBA, MSBA and Ph.D.) and Executive Education & Lifelong Learning programs offered by the Darden School Foundation set the stage for a lifetime of career advancement and impact. Darden’s top-ranked faculty, renowned for teaching excellence, inspires and shapes modern business leadership worldwide through research, thought leadership and business publishing. Darden has Grounds in Charlottesville, Virginia, and the Washington, D.C., area and a global community that includes 18,000 alumni in 90 countries. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Associate Director, Editorial & Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia