Make Your 2021 Lifelong Learning Plans: Darden Executive Education Unveils Spring Programs
By Jay Hodgkins
Darden Executive Education and Lifelong Learning today announced its spring schedule of programs, including a diverse mix of in-person, hybrid and virtual programs, as well as new programs offered for the first time, ranging in length from three days to six months.
To meet the unique needs for lifelong learning and continuous professional development amid the coronavirus pandemic and position individuals and organizations for the future of work, a significant portion of programs will remain offered via a flexible, virtual model. In-person programs will also offer the option to attend virtually, making it even easier for leaders to get the learning experiences they need to advance their professional goals and the goals of their organizations. Darden Executive Education has been safely delivering in-person classes since August following health and safety protocols.
Darden’s top-ranked faculty will offer more than 35 courses this spring intended to help leaders power organizations through today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment.
Executive Education provides an unparalleled educational experience so that individuals can take initiative, develop a vision for the future, possess relational skills to influence superior results, and build leadership resilience and agility.
“Our portfolio of programs is expanding rapidly in key areas of current need, such as data and analytics, strategy execution and digital transformation,” said Ashley Williams, CEO and chief learning officer of Darden Executive Education and Lifelong Learning. “Our faculty and program development team are agile, meeting market and client needs quickly by delivering formats that are geared for the evolving work environment.”
Flagship programs offered this spring include:
- Management Development Program: Leading in the Digital Age, 18 April–21 May
- The Executive Program: Strategic Leadership at the Top, 6 June–17 December
- Managing Individual and Organizational Change, 24–27 May
- Leading With Humanity: New Skills for the Digital Age, April/May (exact dates to be determined)
New programs offered for the first time include:
- Transforming Business Processes, 15 March–12 April
- Strategic Execution: Achieving Breakthrough Performance, 27–30 April
- Communication Strategies to Manage Crisis, Disruption and Transformation, 11–19 May
- Introduction to Digital Transformation, April/May (exact dates to be determined)
- Three new data science-focused courses in development with dates and program details to be determined: Data Science in Operations, Data Science in Marketing and Data Science in Finance
Design thinking online courses and Foundations of Data Science for Business Leaders programs start in January. Make plans to continue lifelong learning today by exploring Darden Executive Education and Lifelong Learning’s open-enrollment programs.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D., MSBA and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Director of Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia