UVA Darden Announces New Leadership Advisory Board Members
By Molly Coyle
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business has announced the election of new members to its Alumni Association Board of Directors, Corporate Advisory Board, Dean’s Diversity Advisory Council and Global Advisory Council.
“We are pleased to welcome 22 distinguished individuals to our leadership advisory boards,” said Scott Beardsley, dean and Charles C. Abbott Professor of Business Administration. “Our advisory boards help to advance Darden’s mission through volunteer leadership and are critical stakeholders in the School’s success. Our new board members bring unique and valuable perspectives from a range of Darden degree and nondegree programs and through diverse backgrounds and experiences.”
The Alumni Association Board of Directors added one member:
- Max Linden (Class of 2020), president, Darden Student Association, UVA Darden School of Business
The Corporate Advisory Board added six members:
- Kelly Becker (MBA ’08), vice president, power solutions division, Schneider Electric
- Sean Corrigan (MBA ’05), vice president, corporate strategy and business development, The Walt Disney Co.
- Daniel Dougherty (MBA ’94), managing director, Barclays
- Theresa Frankiewicz (MBA ’87), vice president, CC industries Inc. and Crown Community Development
- Joseph Schwan (EMBA ’13), deputy general counsel, Baxter International Inc.
- Gerrud Wallaert (TEP ’18), senior vice president, Engineering US, E.ON
The Corporate Advisory Board is also pleased to announce its new leadership team: Richard Edmunds (MBA ’92), a principal at Strategy&, will serve as chair and Michelle Horn (MBA ’95), chief people officer and senior vice president at SoftBank Group, will serve as vice chair.
The Dean’s Diversity Advisory Council added one member:
- Deborah Wilson Thomas (MBA ’89), chief people officer, Somos Inc.
The Global Advisory Council added 14 members:
- Jennifer Chick (MBA ’08), vice president, Global Marketing and Digital, Hilton Worldwide
- Christine Davies (MBA ’09), founder and CEO, Poligage
- Janeth Gomez Gualdron (GEMBA ’17), senior business manager, Capital One Financial Management
- Wei Jin (MBA ’99), managing director, Prudential Financial Inc.
- Shawn Liu (MBA ’05), managing director, DAO Investments
- Lois McEntyre (MBA ’95), director, OnStar, General Motors Corp.
- Rajan Mehra (MBA ’93), co-founder and managing director, Nirvana Venture Advisors
- Nikhil Nath (MBA ’00), managing director, Standard Charter Bank
- Yudhono Rawis (GEMBA ’16), partner, head of M&A and capital advisory, KPMG Indonesia*
- Mayra Rocha (GEMBA ’16), senior manager of strategy, Univision
- Arpan Sheth (MBA ’96), partner, Bain & Co.
- Joaquin Rodriguez Torres (MBA ’01), managing partner, Princeville Global
- Alok Vaish (MBA ’97), CFO, Yatra.com
- Hai Ye (MBA ’04), Partner, McKinsey & Co.
The Darden School’s five leadership boards include more than 160 distinguished leaders who collectively serve as an innovative force in the advancement of the School throughout the world.
“Our leadership advisory boards are comprised of exceptional alumni and friends of the School. These volunteer leaders impact Darden in so many ways, and we are grateful for their dedication to our students, faculty, alumni and staff,” said Michael Woodfolk, president of the Darden School Foundation. “The individuals joining the Alumni Board, Corporate Advisory Board, Dean’s Diversity Advisory Council and Global Advisory Council will help us continue an era of incredible positive momentum at Darden.”
* Yudhono Rawis (GEMBA ’16) will soon transition to the role of CEO, PT Ping An Pu Hui Indonesia, a subsidiary of Ping An Insurance Group of China.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D., MSBA and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Director of Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia