UVA Darden School to Host Second Annual Shanghai Investing Summit 8 May in Shanghai
Two of the University of Virginia Darden School of Business’ research Centers of Excellence, the Center for Global Initiatives and Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management, along with Shanghai Jiao Tong University Antai College of Economics and Management, will host the second annual Shanghai Investing Summit 8 May 2015 in Shanghai, China.
From one of Asia’s most dynamic cities, the Shanghai Investing Summit will draw upon today’s leading thinkers and business minds from around the globe to examine the latest trends and opportunities in cross-border investing and provide actionable investment strategies. Attendees will reach a deeper understanding of the full range of proposed global free-trade deals, individual countries’ free-trade zones and the landscape for global investment.
The event is open to the public. Register via the Darden Shanghai Investing Summit website. The event will take place 8 May 2015 at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
“In an uncertain global economic and political context, investors are challenged to understand new opportunities and manage risk across borders. We’re gathering some of the top experts in the field in one of the world’s most energetic financial centers, to delve into the investment ideas that will help investors thrive in this challenging global environment,” said Darden Dean Robert F. Bruner.
The Shanghai Investing Summit is a synergistic collaboration between two of Darden’s research Centers of Excellence and the Antai College of Economics and Management. The Center for Global Initiatives strengthens and expands Darden’s global community through educational opportunities and building partnerships, while the Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management generates thought leadership and provides professional development opportunities in the field of asset management.
The summit will showcase speakers from the Shanghai region and around the world. Keynote speakers will include:
- Ruvin Zhou, Chief Economist, Shanghai Stock Exchange
- Robert J. Hugin, Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Celgene Corporation
Industry experts will explore two topics:
SCANNING THE GLOBE: VALUATIONS AND THE INVESTING ENVIRONMENT
- Facilitator: Xin Chen, Associate Professor, Antai College of Economics and Management
- Xuefeng Qian, Founding Partner and Chair, New Access Capital
- Bradford Willmore, Executive Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Sarus Capital Management
- Professor Ming Zhang, Senior Research Fellow and Director, Department of International Investment, Institute of World Economics and Politics (IWEP), Chinese Academy of Social Science (CASS)
GLOBAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR RETURNS: THE LONG AND SHORT OF PUBLIC MARKETS
- Facilitator: Ken Eades, Professor of Business Administration and Academic Director, Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management, University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- Qing Wang, President and Chief Strategist, Shanghai Chongyang Investment Management Co. Ltd.
- Richard Mayo, Chair and Founder, Mayo Capital Partners LLC
The summit is held in conjunction with Darden’s fourth annual Global Leadership Forum, for Darden alumni, which takes place 9 May 2015. The leadership forum gives alumni a chance to re-live the Darden experience, connect with GEMBA students, participate in case discussions and network.
The summit comes on the heels of Darden’s expanded engagement in Asia, including the launch of the Asia Initiative at Darden and the opening of UVA’s China Office. The University of Virginia established the office in Shanghai to strengthen its academic programs, research, internships, alumni engagement and recruitment of students. The Asia Initiative at Darden will reinforce and catalyze further engagement in Asian markets, business practices and education.
The University of Virginia Darden School of Business delivers the world’s best business education experience to prepare entrepreneurial, global and responsible leaders through its MBA, Ph.D., MSBA and Executive Education programs. Darden’s top-ranked faculty is renowned for teaching excellence and advances practical business knowledge through research. Darden was established in 1955 at the University of Virginia, a top public university founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
Director of Media Relations
Darden School of Business
University of Virginia